- Important. Please read these Instructions carefully.
- Deadline. Claim Forms must be submitted online by 9:00 p.m. Pacific on October 21, 2013 or by mail postmarked no later than October 21, 2013.
- How to Access the Claim Form. After reading these Instructions, click the “Continue to Claim Form” link at the bottom of this page to begin filling out your Claim Form online.
- Eligibility. To receive a cash payment from the Settlement Fund, all of the following must apply:
- You are a United States resident;
- Apple denied warranty coverage for your iPhone on or before December 31, 2009,
Apple denied warranty coverage for your iPod touch on or before June 30, 2010;
- Your iPhone or iPod touch was covered by either its original one-year limited warranty
by an AppleCare Protection Plan when it was submitted to Apple for warranty coverage;
- Apple denied warranty coverage because Apple stated that your iPhone or iPod touch had been damaged by liquid; and
- You fill out and submit a valid Claim Form online by 9:00 p.m. Pacific on
October 21, 2013 or by mail postmarked no later than October 21, 2013.
- Submitting claims for more than one device. You must complete and submit a separate Claim Form for each device for which you are making a claim. There will be only one cash payment per device (as identified by its unique serial number).
- Your information is subject to verification but will be confidential. The Settlement Administrator or Apple may verify the information you provide on the Claim Form for purposes of validating and paying your claim, but will treat the information as confidential and will not use it for any purpose other than validating and paying your claim. The Settlement Administrator may, in its discretion, reject your Claim Form if you provide incomplete or inaccurate information. Please fill out all required information on the Claim Form completely and accurately.
- Serial Number. The Claim Form requires you to provide either (a) the serial number for the iPhone or iPod touch that was denied warranty coverage OR (b) other information, such as your Apple ID, email address(es) and telephone number(s) that you provided to Apple when you purchased or registered any Apple product, or your iPhone telephone number, which will be used to help the Settlement Administrator to find your serial number.
The Settlement Administrator must have a serial number in order to pay your claim. For help finding your serial number, see the links below. If you cannot find your serial number using the links below, the other information that you provide will be used by Apple and the Settlement Administrator to try to find your serial number. If your serial number cannot be found, your claim cannot be paid.
- How to find the serial number if you have your iPhone or iPod touch?
Go to “About” in your Settings menu.
- How to find the serial number if you no longer have your iPhone or iPod
Click on https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do. If you are prompted for your Apple ID and do not remember it, go to http://appleid.apple.com and follow the directions on the website.
- Submit, Print and Save. After you submit your Claim Form, you will be prompted to click a “Submit Your Claim Form” button. After you submit your Claim Form, please print and save a copy of your Claim Form for your records.
Remember: To be valid, your Claim Form must be
completely and accurately filled out, must include all required information, and
must be submitted online by 9:00 p.m. Pacific on October 21, 2013 or by mail
postmarked no later than October 21, 2013. Late claims will be denied.
Please click one of the links below to continue.